[scribus] OO styles (from ODT) once again

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 21:38:38 CET 2011

2011/2/2 John Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com>

> On Wednesday 02 February 2011 09:08:30 Gregory Pittman wrote:
> > On 02/02/2011 08:30 AM, Sveinn í Felli wrote:
> > > Þann mið 2.feb 2011 13:18, skrifaði Cezary Grabski:

> > > My poor memory recalls a similar subject not very long time ago,
> > > I think the solution was to use custom styles in OOo/LibO to make
> > > the italics and bold. That is you make a style *bold* and another
> > > /italics/ - Scribus imports all the ODT styles, you throw away
> > > all those except your bold/italics styles.
> >
> > some minimal testing in which I created no styles only produced an
> > equivalent of the default style from oowriter.
> > You might check in oowriter under Format > Styles and Formatting to
> > see what styles you have applied. If you haven't applied any, they
> > shouldn't end up being created by Scribus.
> >
> > As Sveinn suggests, if you don't use styles to make bold and
> > italics character style changes, you shouldn't get exported styles
> > to Scribus.
> >
> > Greg

> Here is a crazy idea that might work, using Linux.

Everything below is crazy and I love it!

It is a perfect demonstration of computer power lots of users tend to be
unaware of.

There is definitely a need for a cool “text tidy” process.

User definable filters. Super Find & Replace function. Automated
replacements. Etc.

We have a bug report for this somewhere.
Here.
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=1752

Louis