[scribus] Compare.pdf (crossposted)

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Tue Feb 1 07:20:36 CET 2011

> My printer only opened the pdf in Adobe Illustrator to get

I think this is the error.

Tell your printer to open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader.

I don't know about Illustrator, but my guess is that is not designed
to edit PDF files. It can probably import a PDF as vectors and can
probably export to PDF. But it's internal work format is not PDF and
probably not intended for PDF editing. It means that during import it
most likely drops any information on embedded fonts.

So, the conclusion is: Always use the right tool. Just because Adobe
created PDF doesn't mean all Adobe programs can handle PDF natively.

/Peter