[scribus] Text Wrap Around SVG Group

Mike Sleger chappa-ai at q.com
Mon Aug 29 04:23:02 UTC 2011

After doing some research on Google as to why I cannot wrap text in my text frame around an imported SVG (short answer is - you can't), I naturally have to wonder why not?  If all the polygons in an imported SVG are in a group, and that group has a rectangular extent, why can it not be used for wrapping text?  Also, why are contour lines not available on groups, just frames?  It seems hokey that I should have to ungroup the imported SVG (not good when it contains dozens of polygons), or superimpose a "dummy" frame over the group, simply for wrapping text.  The naive approach would be simply select the group, go to the Group tab in PP, and select a text wrap option under Shape (if it wasn't grayed out).

Mike