[scribus] Web links

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 27 23:48:00 UTC 2011

On 08/27/2011 02:06 PM, john Culleton wrote:
> I did the following:
> 1. Created a text frame.
> 2. Added some text.
> 3. Did properties->PDF Options->Annotations
> 4. Did properties->PDF Options-Annotations
> Type External Web-link
> Destination http://wexfordpress.net
> Colored text frame green.
> Exported as pdf for screen-web.
>
> Problem 1: the text does not appear when pdf opened with firefox.
> Broblem 2: when I click on the text frame nothing happens.

Hi John,

I think your question got lost in the linkedin conundrum.

If you are using Adobe Reader, even through firefox, you will find that
it should make a link out of http://wexfordpress.net automatically.

Otherwise, one of the "features" of making an annotation frame for
linking is that it doesn't end up showing in the PDF, except for when
the cursor hovers over where it is (hopefully) you see an indication
that there is something there to link. Thus, you typically have to put
these invisible linking objects on top of some more visible content for
it to be obvious they are there.

Greg