[scribus] Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sat Aug 27 22:15:54 UTC 2011

On 08/27/2011 02:32 PM, William F. Maddock wrote:
> Jesus often referred to "the Law and the Prophets", which I have taken as meaning a part of the Old Testament, but I don't know the precise bounds that would be encompassed by that reference. Would it be the whole? If not, what are the boundaries of that reference?

All of what you refer to as "the Old Testament."  The Law (The Five
Books of Moses, AKA "The Torah"), the Prophets, and the Writings.  The
last consists of such things as Chronicles, Kings, Psalms, Proverbs and
so on.  We don't refer to it as the "Old Testament," because we don't
consider the parts you call the "New Testament" to be part of our Bible.
  Thank you for the quotation; I probably should have guessed.