[scribus] Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex at scribus.net
Sat Aug 27 20:36:01 UTC 2011

On Aug 27, 2011, at 4:12 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:

> On 08/27/2011 12:55 PM, Oleksandr Moskalenko wrote:
>> No, it's not automatic.
>
> In that case, the documentation should probably tell new users that sending social networking invitations to this list is considered a Bad Thing and could get you removed from the list.  I'm all in favor of getting rid of people who either don't understand why this isn't a Good Idea or simply don't care, but I'm also in favor of giving them fair warning.  Of course, if they don't bother to RTFM, they won't see the warning, but there's only so much we can do, and IMO, providing the warning is enough.

I didn't just remove someone's membership at a whim. I looked into it and found out that the original poster wasn't even a list member. He sent a question to the list a while ago, so I added him to the 'accepted senders' list at that time. Since he's not really a part of the community I made the decision to revoke his access privilege. If he will want to actually join the list in the future I won't object.

Regards,

Alex