[scribus] PDF scrincking script

Aleksandar Kovač alex.open.design at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 00:03:20 UTC 2011

On 11-08-25 3:48 , a.l.e wrote:
> hi
>
>> I think Screen/web should be renamed to "RGB (Screen/web)" and Printer
>> should be renamade to "CMYK (4-color printing)" or something like
>> that.
>>
>> Screen/web makes people think it's about making a smaller PDF, but
>> that is not true.
> no, it can't be renamed that way... but, yes, it would be nice to rename it.
>
> however, i've been told that the difference has nothing to do with RGB and CMYK nor with resolution of images.
>
> Screen/Web outputs the PDF as is.
>
> Printer uses the color profiles defined.
>

> i'm for looking for a new label in 1.5.x...
>

> please, someone corrects me if i'm wrong...
>

> ciao
> a.l.e
>
> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net
Hi everyone,
I do not have a label for these functions at the moment. I only have a
hunch about why the existing labels feel confusing, beside the reasons
already mentioned in the thread...

The part of the reason is that they are named after the presumption what
the user wants them for (web, print).
I see from the discussion that this presumption is misleading.

So, the new label should not presume anything, but rather tell the user
the actual properties of the result. An additional tip or an explanation
could explain the settings in more detail or mention the the presumed
purpose of this setting.

Alex