[scribus] links within the document

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 21 00:52:58 UTC 2011

On 08/20/2011 08:41 PM, Adrienne Carmack wrote:
> I have several endnotes in my book, and would like to be able to click
> on a link at the end of the related paragraph that takes the reader
> directly to the endnote.
>
> Right now, the text that refers to the presence of the endnote is a
> part of all of the text (ie, in the same text frame). The only
> instructions I've found show that you link the entire text frame,
> which doesn't work because the text frame is a full page size.

what you will need to do is create a linking frame over the text which
serves as a visual guide to show the reader where to click.

Find the icon for Insert Link Annotation (looks like footsteps), then
make your frame. Right-click for the context menu, then under PDF
Options, the Type will be link, and then you pick the page and X,Y
position to move to.

In the PDF, this frame will not itself show any text.

Greg