[scribus] Scribus Repositories

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Aug 19 05:15:57 UTC 2011

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 17:46:34 -0400
john at wexfordpress.com wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 18:17:02 +0200
> "a.l.e" <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> wrote:
>
> > hi ian
> > >
> > > I'm back into my old problem again!! This seems to happen every
> > > time I do a rebuild!!
> > >
> > > I'm rebuilding my computer here - from scratch - and can not get
> > > the latest version. The repos that worked before now just give me
> > > errors!!
> > >
> > > (Question - Why does this always happen!!!???)
> > >
> > > Can some kind person give me the latest lines I need to add to
> > > Package Manager to get the latest version please?
> >
> > iirc mint is similar to debian... if it's true, you may read:
> >
> > http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Debian
> >
> > hth
> > a.l.e
>

> Unfortunately this page and its subpages still recommend 1.3.3.x as
> the "stable" version.

this is perfectly correct! the stable version *is* 1.3.3.14!
in the official pages, the team is correctly suggesting that one should use that version.

in more informal places (like this mailing list and irc) we are all (but one) suggesting the people to use 1.4RC (except if they have good reasons to use 1.3.3.x).

> I don't know what the various repositories
> hold.

in those repositories, scribus is 1.3.3.14 and scribus-ng the latest 1.4RC.

> Hopefully there is 1.4.0 in at least  some of them.

it is.

ciao
a.l.e