[scribus] Scribus Repositories

john at wexfordpress.com john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Aug 18 16:26:36 UTC 2011

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 09:58:59 +0200
"Ian \"Witty\" Whitfield" <editor at federalsaints.net> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I'm back into my old problem again!! This seems to happen every time
> I do a rebuild!!
>
> I'm rebuilding my computer here - from scratch - and can not get the
> latest version. The repos that worked before now just give me errors!!
>
> (Question - Why does this always happen!!!???)
>
> Can some kind person give me the latest lines I need to add to
> Package Manager to get the latest version please?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Ian Whitfield
> Linux Mint 10 KDE
> editor at federalsaints dot net
>
> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

> Unlimited Disk, Data Transfer, PHP/MySQL Domain Hosting
>               http://www.doteasy.com

Package managers are always behind.

Since you run Linux you should be able to just download/compile/install
the latest version via svn. I have scripts that run overnight that
do that for 1.4.0 and 1.5.0. There are other such scripts in the Wiki.

First you have to ensure that your Linux system has a compiler and
auxiliary programs. I don't use a Debian-derivative like Mint but I
think the incantation for this is something like
apt-get -i build-essential
gcc -v
make -v
See:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/debian-linux-install-gnu-gcc-compiler/
for details.

I call my script from /etc/cron-daily with a one line script.

If you have the power of Linux you may as well use it.

---
John Culleton
Wexfordpress
"Create Book Covers with Scribus"