[scribus] Bulk Image Path modification / Relative Image Paths

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Aug 15 14:53:18 UTC 2011

hi

> I just cleaned up my HD, and changed the absolute paths of my scribus
> files and image folders on my main working HD.
> Now, of course, I have to change image per image the path inside my
> nearly hundred scribus files...
> I'm using 1.3.3.14 portable on Win7
>
> Is there any way to bulk change all paths inside a scribus document?
> Or if I could just click inside of the path-text in the image manager
> and copie-past the new path...
>
> And, which would make the future file manipulations much easier, is
> there any way to put the image path in a relative way? for example all
> images in a sub-folder, pointed like "../Images/" or somehow, and I
> could find my images once the whole  docs folder structure placed
> elsewhere...

the best way to do it, was to "file > collect for output" before
modifying the paths.

now, the easiest thing, is to restore the old paths and collect for
output now...

... the more geeky thing is to open a copy of your .sla with a text
editor and search and replace the paths... and use this copy!

ciao
a.l.e