[scribus] Icons again.

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 20:24:51 UTC 2011

On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 11:59 PM, john Culleton wrote:

> But a longer lasting solution to changing sizes would be to redo them in svg
> via Inkscape. Then any size png icon could be created as needed in the size
> needed by the developers.

Unfortunately, no. You still have to draw versions for different resolutions,
because display graphics = pixel alignment. You can't get that automagically by
just scaling down things. So SVG only allows to tweak things easier.

See this for illustration: http://i.imgur.com/atDpC.jpg
The icon are: 256x256, 48x48, 32x32, 24x24, 16x16.

I zoomed in so that you could see the differences introduced manually to fit
destination resolution.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org