[scribus] Overcrowded icon bars.

jwminer at accessvt.com jwminer at accessvt.com
Thu Aug 11 18:28:28 UTC 2011

John C. wrote;
> Not familiar with the features of Win 7, but for my eye comfort on
> all apps I run 1024x768 on a 1920x1080 screen via the program:
> xrandr

Aha! That explains your oft-mentioned problems with icon bars. Since
lcd monitors really want to run at their native resolution, you are
probably not getting the best picture quality, either. 1024x768 is
my 15" laptop's resolution. Using Scribus is painful on that machine
and so are a number of other programs because there is not enough
screen real estate.

You earn a living with DTP. Why not invest in a 27" widescreen
monitor and run it at its native resolution?
--Judy M.
  USA

Registered Linux User #397786
Being productive with VectorLinux 7 Standard, Release Candidate 2