[scribus] Overcrowded icon bars.

jwminer at accessvt.com jwminer at accessvt.com
Thu Aug 11 17:18:55 UTC 2011

a.l.e wrote:
> and, imo, 1920 x 1080 is somehow insane... but, well, maybe i'm just
> jealous.

1920x1080 has been around for a while and is not at all insane. More
screen real estate is highly desirable. It's also a good size for
watching video.

One thing people must consider when they buy a high-resolution
monitor is the physical size of the monitor. You absolutely MUST
have a physically large monitor if you want high res. I wouldn't get
less than a 27" monitor if I wanted 1920x1080. It seems they sell a
lot of them at 23". Unless you have awfully good eyes, that's too
small.

Higher res monitors have smaller type and icons unless the monitors
are physically large enough. There are often ways to make the type
and icons larger, but not everywhere and for all applications.

If you've already bought the monitor and icons look too small and
can't be made larger, it's too late. But if you're considering
buying a high-res monitor, make sure it is physically large enough.
--Judy M.
  USA

Registered Linux User #397786
Being productive with VectorLinux 7 Standard, Release Candidate 2