[scribus] Overcrowded icon bars.

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Aug 11 14:20:30 UTC 2011

hi bob

> My problem is not getting all of the icons on the screen or the
> arrangement. My problem is seeing them. Running my widescreen at the
> recommended resolution of 1920 X 1080 the icons are sooooo small. Is
> there a way for me to enlarge them in Scribus 1.4.0rc2 running Windows
> 7 64 bit?

interesting question: who has to take care that the icons are big
enough? the window manager (in your case windows 7), the framework (Qt)
or the application (scribus)?

... personally, i'm not sure that this should be the task of the
application... if the application is defining the icons in the correct
way...

and, imo, 1920 x 1080 is somehow insane... but, well, maybe i'm just
jealous.

i see that in the preferences one can choose between between normal and
small icons... it may be time to offer the big ones, too...

ciao
a.l.e