[scribus] Overcrowded icon bars.

bobparham at comcast.net bobparham at comcast.net
Thu Aug 11 13:42:24 UTC 2011

On 8/10/2011 8:01 AM, a.l.e wrote:
> hi bob,
>
>>> better if it is the default.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>> You have my vote! I will try to emulate that layout now. But it is
>> FWIW, I have a widescreen monitor and had plenty of room to combine
>> on one bar the Menu Bar as well as all the icons and it is still not
>> overcrowded. I have plenty of available width but like the additional
>> height gained by combining
>
> jean has patched it!
>
> thanks!
>
> and for you, bob, you can always combine the toolbars in two or one
> row, if you prefer... or hide some of the toolbars if you don't use them.
>
> but you have to have a very very wide display to be able to show all
> the icons on one row!
>
> personally, i'm convinced that having three rows and displaying all
> the icons on most monitors, is much better then the previous situation...
>
> personally (2), all i need in the story editor is the toolbar to save
> and close... and i think this is what most people need (imo the rest
> is almost useless: now the-in frame editing is much faster and i don't
> see much interest in formatting text in the SE, if you can't see the
> changes you're doing! ... applying styles is the only exception i see
> here...)
>
> but everybody knows that i'm aiming at a new story editor :-)
>
> ciao
> a.l.e
>
> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

My problem is not getting all of the icons on the screen or the
arrangement. My problem is seeing them. Running my widescreen at the
recommended resolution of 1920 X 1080 the icons are sooooo small. Is
there a way for me to enlarge them in Scribus 1.4.0rc2 running Windows 7
64 bit?

Bob P
--

*Bob Parham*

*People may forget what you did and people may forget what you said but
people will never forget how you made them feel.
*

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")