[scribus] Rotated Text Frames

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Mon Aug 8 08:09:00 UTC 2011

> Last time I tried, it was not possible to fit text to a path in MS Office.  (Nothing in Word Art did this.)

Yes, that is true.

> Image placement is also awkward in Word, as it's more a word processor app than a page layout app.

Images in Word are handled the same way as an image frame in Scribus
(if you select floating placement). But they can also be anchored
relative to a point in the text, placed relative to margins, page
borders, columns, paragraphs etc.

> I also had issues with the PDF export, but I now can't recall precisely what they were.

MS Word does not have PDF export, you have to use a PDF Printer for that.

There are a lot of things that can be done in MS Word the same way
they can be done in Scribus, but most people don't fint them because
they do not know they are there. MS Word even has text frames, that
can be linked as well as rotated, just like Scribus.

/Peter