[scribus] editing text frame to be a shadow

Ondřej Němeček ondrej.nemecek at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 14:37:08 UTC 2011

On 08/07/2011 02:10 AM, John Culleton wrote:
> On Saturday, August 06, 2011 03:14:51 pm Ondřej Němeček wrote:
>>
>> Shown here:
>>
>> http://www.oldfrog.cz/downloads/scribus-samples/Screenshot.png
>>
>> O.
>
> Excellent! Now if someone can describe how to blur the shadow we will
> have the best of all worlds.

Unfortunately there is no way to make gausian blur directly. Only way is
to multiple duplicate object and change slightly color/opacity/shade and
position of individual copies. I tested it here (in this test I
converted text to outlines, but this is not nessesery):

http://www.oldfrog.cz/downloads/scribus-samples/Screenshot-1.png

This is something similar what script bellow does:

http://creationlibre.org/en/ombre-portee-avec-scribus/
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:TrfVypdu7jwJ:creationlibre.org/en/ombre-portee-avec-scribus/+scribus+script+shadow

This method can simulate not only blured shadow of frame and shape
itself but shadow of its content too (text for example). Disadvantage of
this method is no easy way to edit shadowed content or shape.

Maybe should be gausian blur implemented in some future Scribus
version?

Best regards
Ondrej.

--