[scribus] Quotes.

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sat Aug 6 17:54:51 UTC 2011

On 08/06/2011 10:23 AM, John Ghormley KJ4UFG wrote:
> I suppose if you want quote marks that curve from the top in toward the
> quote on both ends there is more than one keystroke on each end involved.  I
> totally eschew those marks as tedious and a bit old fashioned, but to each
> his own.  Using them would slightly complicate the matter by adding two more
> keystrokes.

Yes.  That's what smart quotes, AKA "curly quotes" are.  Some people
like them, you don't.  The OP wasn't suggesting that Scribus convert all
quotation marks to them, but that they be an option.  It occurs to me
that it might be best to make them a part of paragraph styles, so that
it happens automatically, without extra keystrokes, but only if you
specify that you want them.  Personally, I'd have little if any need for
them, but I see no reason not to have them available for those who like
them.