[scribus] from raymond mcinnis

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Fri Apr 29 23:27:35 UTC 2011

> hello:
>
> a newbie to scribus, i am having some success, and some failures,
> basically blundering my way.
>
> (the mail should bring schaefer's manual today.)
>
> i work in both linux and windows, -- and this is one of my blunders,
> out
> which i was extracted by a friend -- and made the mistake of
> downloading
> scribus 1.4 (still in beta).
>
> i have three questions:
>
> 1) with scribus 1.3, how do you paste a whole odt file into a scribus
> file, and, page by page,  have the the entire file distributed evenly?

Try this:

1. Start a new document
2. Create a Text Frame
3. Right click in the text frame
4. Select "Get text" and get your text

You will then have a frame with a small red X in the bottom right.
This means that all your text cannot fit into the frame, and therefore
you must create more text frames and "link" them so the text flows to
the next frame.

> 2) where do you find out the functions of the commands p30, p31, etc?

????

> 3) where do you find recommended page formatting settings?

These are called "styles".  Edit->Styles is the way to go.

Have a look at the Manual.

Help->Scribus Manual (or F1) and then select Documentation. A wealth
of information there.

> raymond mcinnis
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

You might want to set your email client not to send html

Owen