[scribus] Installing Scribus 1.5.0 on Windows XP

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Apr 27 19:50:30 UTC 2011

hi john

> > but, still, afaik no need for cygwin to compile scribus on
> windows.
> >
> > just read the READ ME for Windows in the repository and you'll
> know what
> > to do...
> > (no chance to get me to try it out, though...)
> unsubscribe or
> > edit your options.
> >
> > Scribus Forums are available at http://forums.scribus.net
> >
> > Notice: Scribus mailing lists were migrated to a new host and
> now reside at
> > lists.scribus.net, so a new list address scribus at lists.scribus.net
> has to
> > be used.
>
> Can't seem to find that Readme.  I started from here:
> http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Download
>
> Following the only 1.5.0 pointer on that page I got as far as this
> page and then things just stalled. Working from my Slackware
> partition and using Firefox 4.
>
> http://scribus.net/websvn/listing.php?repname=Scribus&path=%2Ftrunk%2FScribus%2Fwin32%2F&rev=#ad0b0630b8f4859cb116bc105a5ca4b02
>
> Nothing seems to work beyond that point.
>
> Now why am I fussing about 1.5.0 and Windows? Well 1.5.0 has
> one vital feature to all users of the POD printer LSI, the
> availablilty of PDF X/1-a:2001 output. And while 1.5.0 is available
> for Linux users (I update it every night) it does not seem to be
> readily available to Win users. And Win users make up a large part of
> the market of  my p-book which will replace my e-book listed below.
>
> So my thanks to Craig and a.l.e but I am not there yet.

well, if you can't even find that file... may i tell you that your chances in succeeding with the compiling on windows are low?

however, the file is in the trunk, it's just called a bit differently than what i wrote:

http://scribus.net/websvn/filedetails.php?repname=Scribus&path=%2Ftrunk%2FScribus%2FBUILDING_win32.txt

btw, i'm not sure that it's good idea to promote 1.5.0svn in a *-book, but i don't think this is new...

ciao
a.l.e