[scribus] Installing Scribus 1.5.0 on Windows XP

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Apr 27 14:51:44 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, April 26, 2011 11:36:49 am a.l.e wrote:
> hi
>
> >> I assume that Cygwin needs to be installed. That I can do. I
also
> >> assume that svn and cmake need to be added. That I
haven't done
> >> for MSWin. Any gotchas here?
> >>
> >> Here is the script I use for Linux. How much needs to be
changed to
> >> work under XP?
> >> cd /usr/local/src/
> >> svn co svn://scribus.net/trunk/Scribus s150
> >> cd s150
> >> cmake . -
DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/usr/local/scribus_svn -

scribus at lists.scribus.net
> >> has to be used.
> >
> > No just download the installer, no need for cygwin
>
> ehm ehm... 1.5svn...
>
> i don't think that any 1.5 snapshot for windows has been
released, yet...

> but, still, afaik no need for cygwin to compile scribus on
windows.

> just read the READ ME for Windows in the repository and you'll
know what
> to do...
> (no chance to get me to try it out, though...)
>
> ciao
> a.l.e

> edit your options.
>
> Scribus Forums are available at http://forums.scribus.net
>
> Notice: Scribus mailing lists were migrated to a new host and
now reside at
> lists.scribus.net, so a new list address scribus at lists.scribus.net
has to
> be used.

Can't seem to find that Readme.  I started from here:
http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Download

Following the only 1.5.0 pointer on that page I got as far as this
page and then things just stalled. Working from my Slackware
partition and using Firefox 4.

http://scribus.net/websvn/listing.php?repname=Scribus&path=%2Ftrunk%2FScribus%2Fwin32%2F&rev=#ad0b0630b8f4859cb116bc105a5ca4b02

Nothing seems to work beyond that point.

Now why am I fussing about 1.5.0 and Windows? Well 1.5.0 has
one vital feature to all users of the POD printer LSI, the availablilty
of PDF X/1-a:2001 output. And while 1.5.0 is available for Linux
users (I update it every night) it does not seem to be readily
available to Win users. And Win users make up a large part of the
market of  my p-book which will replace my e-book listed below.

So my thanks to Craig and a.l.e but I am not there yet.
--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus: