[scribus] Ghostscript

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Apr 27 15:18:45 UTC 2011

On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 10:56:04 -0400
John Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com> dijo:

>When I write about Scribus (see below) I just state that Ghostscript
>needs to be installed first. Technically it doesn't but my little
>white lie makes the whole problem go away.

Every time I read a post from a newcomer having problems related to
Ghostscript, I wonder why Scribus doesn't just automatically require
it. As John points out, this would make the problem go away.

Or is there some advantage to not installing Ghostscript? I suppose it
would save a little disk space, but is that all? Does Ghostscript cause
problems of its own, like conflicts with other programs?