[scribus] (no subject)

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 17:09:19 UTC 2011

On 04/15/2011 12:50 PM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> On 04/15/2011 11:42 AM, Ron Carter wrote:
>> Thank you, but as I said, it isn't flagged by the preflight verifier.

> Oh, wow! Forensic Scribus!
>
> One thing to try for help is to run my script:
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Extracting_All_Text_from_a_Document
>
> which used to be part of the included scripts at one point.
>
> What it will give you is a complete listing of text frames (and their
> names) by page, along with their contents.
>
> You might use this to then go down the list of objects in your Scribus
> file using a text editor to see what fonts are used.
>
> Having said this, you may find that the problem is the default font
> setting. Even if you do not use this font, it will be in the SLA file,
> and also exported to the PDF as a necessary font.
>
> The idea you might have a "hidden" frame is not so likely.

What this does bring to mind is the idea that perhaps in addition to an
ability to go to a particular page, there might be some utility in being
able to go to (select) a particular frame/object on a particular page.
Have to think about this.

Maybe it would be enough just to get a list of frames on a particular
page, then select one from the list.

Greg