[scribus] (no subject)

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 16:50:37 UTC 2011

On 04/15/2011 11:42 AM, Ron Carter wrote:
> Thank you, but as I said, it isn't flagged by the preflight verifier.
>
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 10:31 AM, Jan de Weerd<jdweerd at ziggo.nl>  wrote:
>> On 04/15/2011 02:55 PM, Ron Carter wrote:
>>>
>>> Is there a simple way to find a stray text frame that is buried in a
>>> manuscript?  It isn't flagged by the preflight verifier but the 'save
>>> as pdf' window says there is a font used that I didn't (knowingly)
>>> use. I can't find it.

Oh, wow! Forensic Scribus!

One thing to try for help is to run my script:

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Extracting_All_Text_from_a_Document

which used to be part of the included scripts at one point.

What it will give you is a complete listing of text frames (and their
names) by page, along with their contents.

You might use this to then go down the list of objects in your Scribus
file using a text editor to see what fonts are used.

Having said this, you may find that the problem is the default font
setting. Even if you do not use this font, it will be in the SLA file,
and also exported to the PDF as a necessary font.

The idea you might have a "hidden" frame is not so likely.

Greg