[scribus] Move text box to front of image, re-size image and problems with gimp

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 8 20:38:28 CEST 2011

On 04/08/2011 01:16 PM, Jo Britton wrote:

>> I am creating a banner for an email template in Scribus, using it for
>> the first time. I'm using version 1.4.0. rc2 in a mac OSX version 10.5.8.
>>
>> I have 3 pictures next to each other with some text at the top:
>> I want to have the text box in front so that it sits over the images.
>> Have tried using levels without success.
>> I want to re-size the images so that they are the same size. Can I
>> adjust the size of all 3 images at one time without having to do each
>> separately?
>> When I try to edit images I get the error message that gimp software
>> is not installed. I have downloaded Gimp but the error message still
>> comes up?
>>

>> I have attached the file in case my explanation wasn't clear.
>> Thanks for your assistance
There's something very wrong with the file you attached. Even after
downloading and adjusting the extension to be .sla, it shows an A4
document in portrait orientation, with an image frame much too large for
the width of the page and then some additional frames, only one of which
is superimposed on the image frame (and I don't have the image frame
content of course).

Perhaps best to make a screengrab and attach that or post it somewhere
so we can see what you see on your screen.

Greg