[scribus] GSoC Project 2011

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 03:24:06 CEST 2011

On 04/03/2011 09:05 PM, chamin madura wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am a third year student in University of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
>
> I'm willing to participate in the GSoC 2011 and I like to do that through
> contributing to the Scribus project.
> I have a C++ programming background and also a little experience in Qt.
>
> I find myself interested in following two ideas, specially the first one(
> i.e. idea #4).
> Idea #4 - Additional import filters to clean-up the Get Text
> Idea #7 - Improve the handling of the text flow around an image.
>
> Could you please explain me further about above two ideas and their scope?
>
> I know this is bit late to get the head start, but I believe I can catch up
> as I'm totaly free in next four months since my exams and the project are
> all finished.
>
> your guide and advice is kindly appriciated.

Hi Chamin,

Here are some useful links for you:

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/GSoC_2011_Contact_Information

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/GSoC_2011_Student_Requirements

If you look at the timeline:

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/GSoC_2011_Timeline

you'll see that the deadline for student applications is April 8th (!!),
so hurry and make the contacts as noted. Also keep in mind that many of
the Team members are on Central European Time.

Greg