[scribus] Lets talk about character styles

Cezary Grabski czarek at oferuje.pl
Fri Apr 1 10:33:01 CEST 2011

I have an idea how to change this without big code rewriting.
Lets add for character styles attribute "only changes" with checkbox in Styles
Manager to set.
If that checkbox is set all form items are set to 0 or empty but grayed out
(no disabled, just grayed), values with set some values are bolded to
indication that these values will be applied.
In addition character styles with with option set cannot be used in other
paragraph and char styles as base style and cannot be based on other styles,
so if such style is used somewhere as a base for other style checkbox should
be disable (with tooltip why), also styles with this option set should not be
included in styles available as base for other. In style list such style
should be listed with italic font or with gray color (whatever for indication
that it is other kind of character style).

Other story is applying such char styles for text - I dont try to implementing
this till now and I dont know how difficult it will be.

cezaryece