[scribus] Page ordering broken for pdf export on 1.3.7 ?

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Sep 30 15:52:05 CEST 2010

On Thursday 30 September 2010 04:55:09 Julian Haines wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> On Wednesday 29 September 2010 19:00 John Culleton wrote:
> > > Here is the easy way. Save the file in normal order as a
> > > postscript
> >
> > file. Then use PSUtils programs ...
>
> Thanks! That looks like an interesting solution for Postscript.
>
> Unfortunately I'm looking for a pdf output. Given that I have only
> 8 pages to order, I think it should be even easier directly from
> Scribus, except I'm either doing something wrong this time, or it's
> broken in 1.3.7 on Win XP. I don't see a bug report in the tracker
> for this.
>
> Regards,
> Julian
>
> --
> Julian Haines

Sorry, I forgot to mention two other utilities that come with the
Ghostscript package, pdf2ps and ps2pdf. You can save your Scribus file
in ps format, manipulate the pagination with one or two commands from
PSUtils and then use ps2pdf to get to a pdf file.  Or if you already
have a pdf file then use pdf2ps as the first step.

If Scribus comes up with a reliable, bug free and understandable
method for doing pamphlet imposition then all this is beside the
point. But until then the proven PSUtils and Ghostscript packages are
there for your use.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press