[scribus] Gimp in Scribus

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Thu Sep 30 07:28:31 CEST 2010

> I expect to change the IMAGE in Scribus, not the image FILE.

It is important to understand that Scribus does NOT embed images into
the Scribus documents. Images in Scribus documents are always loaded
from an external file.

For a few tasks however Scribus has Image Effects that can be applied
without altering the source image file.

It is always a good idea to copy the images you want to use in a
Scribus document to a separate folder for that document. If you
already have a lot of images linked from other places you can perform
a "Collect for output" to get all the images (and the Scribus
document) into the same folder. I regulary do that for backup
purposes.

/Peter