[scribus] Bleed.

Jim Ford jaford at watford53.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Sep 28 16:01:09 CEST 2010

I've got several 2 page spread images, going right to the edges, and the
Printer wants 5mm bleed to ensure there's no white edges.

I don't need bleed (do I?) at the binding edges of 2 page spreads, so
using Scribus 1.3.8, I set the top, bottom and outside bleeds to 5mm and
the inside to 0mm.

If I then export to pdf and view, I find the top, bottom and outside
edges with bleed crop marks set OK, but at the centre, where the binding
would be, there are also bleed crop marks and the centre edges have 5mm
overlap each, rather than being 'seamless'.

Is it me doing something wrong, or is it Scribus (less likely!)?

I'd be glad for some help here, please.

Jim