[scribus] Several Comments and queries
Robin Dean (Google)
robin.c.dean at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 27 13:39:28 CEST 2010
As I am new to this list I am unclear whether I should be separating
I have been using Scribus 188.8.131.52 (using Windows XP) for the last 6
months to produce a parish magazine of about 50 to 60 pages of A5
printed (from a PDF file) in black and white by a professional printer.
This contains text, photographs and advertising images. I have been very
happy with Scribus to do this work.
I have the following comments/ queries:
1. Occasionally in the Story Editor - the Style column seems to
disconnect from its associated text. Sometimes there are no
entries in the Style column.
2. When Copying and Pasting from one Story Editor to another none of
the Style properties come over.
3. Inevitably with an A5 page I am often trying to make space - I do
this by changing the size of the text box but I can make space by
having a half body text after the paragraph. Is there any way of
automatically putting half body text after a paragraph?
4. I have read what is said importing images into Scribus and I have
had a dispute with my printer about the quality of my images. Most
of my adverts were originally in PDF format, initially I placed
one and in the Scribus Preflight Verifier and got an amber warning
'Object is a placed PDF' - why is this is a problem? Also I felt
that the resulting printed image was not brilliant, so I did a
trial importing images in all the Scribus acceptable formats. I
then exported the file to PDF and printed all - the best quality*
printed *image was the GIF. My printer says this is wrong - can
you help please?
5. How do I persuade the text to wrap around an image as the text box
does not allow a cut out?
6. How do I make a continuous underline with no gaps at the space?
7. How do I arrange for excess text to flow to the next page?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the scribus