[scribus] GIMP not there

Jim Ford jaford at watford53.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Sep 25 19:14:32 CEST 2010

On 9/25/2010 5:44 PM, TSH wrote:

>> I guess I need to resize outside of program???
>
> Generally, this is the better way, as it makes for a more efficient file
> size when save as a PDF. You can use a program other than GIMP, if this
> option is not available to you.

I've come round to thinking that I ought to resize to nearer the final
size. I've not been doing so, and the file is taking a long time to open
as I guess Scribus is doing the resizing.

It's a bit awkward though. I don't really know the final size of the
images until I've imported them into Scribus and fiddled with them. I
guess I'll then have to note the size of the images in the F2 menu, and
then resize them externally.

Jim