[scribus] GIMP not there

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sat Sep 25 17:49:30 CEST 2010

On 09/24/2010 10:51 AM, Larry wrote:
> I guess I need to resize outside of program???

I've never looked for an option to have Scribus resize images.  What I
do is create the frame and find its dimensions.  Then I bring up the
image in the Gimp.  (I use Linux.)  Then, I resize the image there,
setting the more restrictive dimension and letting it set the other one.
  Once that's done, copy and paste get it into the frame and I close the
Gimp without saving.  It may sound complicated, but it's actually quite
easy, and only takes two or three minutes.