[scribus] PDF import problem

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 20 18:21:27 CEST 2010

On 09/20/2010 11:50 AM, Stewart Noy wrote:

> Kat-16 wrote:
>>
>> I'm new to Scribus, and I guess i'm doing something wrong or don't
>> understand
>> a limitation, I have a Image frame which I place a PDF file in.  Now it
>> looks
>> alright in on the screen, but when I go to print I get an Error saying
>> Calander (name of the image frame) Object is a Placed PDF,  and it will
>> not
>> show up on the Print Preview or a Printed Page.  From what I can tell it
>> should do something to make it printable, am I missing a step or does it
>> just
>> not work like that?
>>
>> Thank You
>> Casey
>> - Former Publisher User
>>

> As far as I understand Scribus cannot import PDF's effectively.

Well, not really.
Scribus can import PDFs to an image frame, using ghostscript, so you
need ghostscript for this. Your PDF will be converted to bitmap, so
resolution may suffer a little.

The warning "Object is a placed PDF" is just a warning and will not
prevent export or printing.

I just tried this with 1.3.9.svn and it worked Ok. Must be some other
problem.

Greg