[scribus] PDF import problem

Stewart Noy windrunner at mweb.co.za
Mon Sep 20 17:50:46 CEST 2010

Kat-16 wrote:

> I'm new to Scribus, and I guess i'm doing something wrong or don't
> understand
> a limitation, I have a Image frame which I place a PDF file in.  Now it
> looks
> alright in on the screen, but when I go to print I get an Error saying
> Calander (name of the image frame) Object is a Placed PDF,  and it will
> not
> show up on the Print Preview or a Printed Page.  From what I can tell it
> should do something to make it printable, am I missing a step or does it
> just
> not work like that?
>
> Thank You
> Casey
> - Former Publisher User

As far as I understand Scribus cannot import PDF's effectively. I just open
the file with GIMP and save it as a JPEG and insert that into an Image
Frame. Rememeber though, if you do use GIMP to do this you also need to make
a couple installations in addition to the main GIMP installation
(Ghostscript, ect.)

Stewart