[scribus] Sankey diagrams in Scribus 1.3.8

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Sun Sep 19 18:43:05 CEST 2010

On 19/09/2010 07:35, Owen wrote:
>> On 19/09/2010 00:33, Owen wrote:

>>> Why not use the Bezier Curve tool.
>>
>> It doesn't seem easy to get a precise arc. I've never really found
>> Beziers intuitive.
>>

>>> Make a line with say 5 control points
>>>
>>> X------------------X---X---X---------------------------X
>>
>> OK, done that.
>>

>>> Then simply edit the shape.
>>
>> Using the Bezier tool seems to get me a sort of poly line with 3 sharp
>> corners. Indeed, properties refers to it as "Polyline3". Is there a
>> way
>> to convert it to a smooth curve ?
>

> Just another idea, if you would like to learn another language, is to
> use postscript to generate your lines.
>
> An example is at http://members.pcug.org.au/~rcook/Scribus/scribus-ps.pdf

:)

As I said in the first message, "Maybe I should just hand code it in
postscript, but there should be a simpler way".

I used to write a log of postscript around 1990, and at one stage
generated a lot of business graphics from C that we wrote for presenting
market research data.

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore,MSc EDM (Open),B.A. Chem (Oxon),CMIOSH,CEnv,MIEMA,MEI
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy