[scribus] Re^2: Scribus Crashes On Ubuntu Lucid

Ed Rippy ed.rippy at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 10 16:17:00 CEST 2010

John Culleton wrote:

> You didn't specify the OS, which might help.

-- I gave it in the subject line: Ubuntu (GNU/Linux)Lucid (i.e., v. 10.4).

> You could upgrade to a newer version, such as 1.3.3.14

-- I followed the directions on scribus.net & added the repository (as a.l.e suggested); for some reason it still sez 1.3.3.13 is the latest Ubuntu flavor. AnywaY I installed most of the recommended stuff (Synaptic pkg mgr doesn't find gs-apfl). It did finish the project that was crashing it, but still doesn't print. It saved as PDF OK, & I got it to print from Document Reader.

   Thanks for yr help, gang!

Ed