[scribus] Frustration with Master Pages and Templates

Mark Dixon help at scribus.info
Fri Sep 10 00:16:31 CEST 2010

Submitted on 09/09/2010
Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]

Submitted values are:

   Name: Mark Dixon
   Email Address: markdixon at knowvantage.com
   Subject: Frustration with Master Pages and Templates
   Message:
I'm a refugee from QuarkXPress and am having a tough time with Scribus.  I
created text frames on my master page, then found out they can't be edited in
a "real" page and are only good for static things like headers/footers and
page numbers.  So I started over, this time created text frames on the first
"real" page, and saved it as a template.  Then I created a new doc from the
template, and viola, there were my text frames, editable.  But when I
inserted a new page, the text frames weren't there.  It's almost like the
template only worked for the first page.

I'm assuming there's a way to do this, and I'm just so used to Quark that I'm
not seeing how it's done in Scribus.

The version chooser for this mailing list only goes up to 1.3.6, but in fact
I'm using 1.3.8 on Mac OS X.

   About your Scribus program:
     Version: 1.3.6
     Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
     Build Date:
   Your operating system and CPU:
     Type: MacOS X
     Version: Leopard 10.5.8
     CPU type: 32bit (Intel/AMD - i386)

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
http://www.scribus.net/?q=node/158/submission/549