[scribus] [scripter] Strange behavior of tkMessageBox.showerror()

Sam Qasbah samqasbah at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 16:38:54 CEST 2010

@*Gregory Pittman* gregp_ky at
yahoo.com<scribus%40lists.scribus.net?Subject=Re%3A%20%5Bscribus%5D%20%5Bscripter%5D%20Strange%20behavior%20of%0A%09tkMessageBox.showerror%28%29&In-Reply-To=%3C4C878327.80908%40yahoo.com%3E>

> In the past at least there have been some issues with Tkinter in
> Scribus. It's been so long, I can't remember what they were. Craig
> Ringer helped me through them.
>
> It's one of the reasons why I stopped using Tkinter. Why don't you just
> use the built-in message box in Scripter?
>
> Greg

Because the real script is rather complex, with many options that the
user has to select.The single-line-string message
box of scribus is too much basic for such a scipt.So, if I use Tkinter
for the whole GUI, it's natural to use it for
the message-boxes too.

Anyway, if there's not a smart solution, I will use the Scribus
built-in message box.

Thanks, and good bye.