[scribus] the program gimp is missing

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Oct 28 16:04:00 CEST 2010

On Thursday 28 October 2010 09:47:33 Naomi wrote:
> Submitted on 10/28/2010
> Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]
>
> Submitted values are:
>
>    Name: Naomi
>    Email Address: naomiwhyte at hotmail.com
>    Subject: the program gimp is missing
>    Message:
> How do I rectify this warning the program gimp is missing as I have
> import an image that I want to reduce in size which I presume is by
> editing the image, many thanks Naomi
>
>    About your Scribus program:
>      Version: 1.3.3.14
>      Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
>      Build Date:
>    Your operating system and CPU:
>      Type: Windows
>      Version: WinXP
>      CPU type: 32bit (Intel/AMD - i386)
>
> The results of this submission may be viewed at:
> http://www.scribus.net/node/158/submission/581

You can reduce the size by changing the size of the image frame, then
right click and choose "Fit image to frame".

You can use Gimp separately from Scribus to size the image, and then
import it.

You can follow the instructions on page 96 of "Scribus, The Official
manual" and set up the linkage to Gimp. The manual is pretty much a
must have for Scribus users. Try
File->Preferences->External Tools

Finally you can follow the similar directions posted here earlier on
the same topic.  This would require that you join the mailing list,
which would be to your benefit in any case.
--
John Culleton, Wexford Press
"Create Book Covers with Scribus" $5.95 at

Free eps format barcode: http://www.tux.org/~milgram/bookland/