[scribus] Scribus & VioVio - PDF settings

Andy Shissler help at scribus.info
Wed Oct 27 05:10:50 CEST 2010

Submitted on 10/27/2010
Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]

Submitted values are:

   Name: Andy Shissler
   Email Address: andrew_l_shissler at yahoo.com
   Subject: Scribus & VioVio - PDF settings
   Message:
I'm trying to create a photobook using Scribus and then uploading the PDF to
VioVio.  For some reason, VioVio does not like PDF's created by Scribus.
They recommend printing the Scribus document to Adobe Acrobat and let Adobe
create the PDF since it's somehow more friendly to their printer.  When I
create the PDF via Scribus (using the Export feature), the photos in the PDF
look great, even after the downsampling to 300dpi.  However, when Adobe
creates the PDF (via Scribus Print command), the colors of the photos are
muted.  In other words, the colors looked faded, especially the greens, which
look more brown-ish than green.  Does anyone have an idea what is causing
this?  Does it have to do with the color management in Scribus?

   About your Scribus program:
     Version: 1.3.3.14
     Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
     Build Date:
   Your operating system and CPU:
     Type: Windows
     Version: WinXP
     CPU type: 32bit (Intel/AMD - i386)

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
http://www.scribus.net/node/158/submission/580