[scribus] Printing alignment

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Oct 13 22:28:49 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 13 October 2010 13:58:42 J Brown wrote:
> Thanks a.l.e. for your response.  Regrettably, it looks like I'll
> have to give up on Scribus.  First, I do not have (or really want)
> Acrobat Reader (I use Foxit).  I tried to open the pdf file I
> created in Scribus, in Open Office, and it is illegible.  I kind of
> regret this, as I took a long time to try to understand the
> program, how to layout, etc, only to be foiled in the printing
> stage.  I am used to Windows Home Publishing, which I regret to
> say, is a bit more user friendly.  I am now on Linux, and do not
> want to revert to MS programs.  In any event, I cannot see or
> understand any solution to this.  Thank you all for your time.

I use Scribus a lot. I manage printing from Acrobat Reader. It is not
an MS program but rather an Adobe program.

One of the things about Linux is that things that are combined in one
huge program on MS are broken up into many smaller independent
programs. So I can use Scribus for layout, export the file as pdf, then
print it from Adobe.  True, Scribus also has a print function but
Adobe Acrobat Reader has more bells and whistles. You can of course
use Foxit if you prefer.
--
John Culleton, Wexford Press
"Create Book Covers with Scribus" $5.95 at

Free eps format barcode: http://www.tux.org/~milgram/bookland/