[scribus] Imposition

Jim Ford jaford at watford53.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Oct 4 17:31:23 CEST 2010

On 10/4/2010 9:49 AM, Peter Nermander wrote:

>> Please be so good as to rate their usability in 1 to 10 units of your
>> choice (stars etc.)
>
> Well, as for usability I think Bookbinder would rate around 7-8.
>
> Check out the documentation:
> http://www.quantumelephant.co.uk/bookbinder/docs/bbdocs.html
>
> You would rate that as 1?

It's a 10 for me!

> Of course Bookbinder can only do simple imposition (4 pages on each
> sheet), but I think it would suit the needs for like 99% of the people
> asking about imposition on this list.

I'm one of the 99%!

Bookbinder suits my needs perfectly - to be able to produce rough paper
copies on my inkjet, in order to edit or pass to others for comment. I
think it would suit most other amateurs like myself. Like Scribus, it
also comes at the right price!

Thanks for the tip, Peter.

Jim