[scribus] Imposition

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 3 18:32:33 CEST 2010

On 10/03/2010 06:15 AM, K.King wrote:
> <<
> on top of what owen answered: hopefully, scribus won't ever do any
> imposition [1] . we need a free application for it and there was some
> work around podofo to create one.
>
> DTP is about placing content on a page, not arranging pages for the
> printer. and it would be nice if we could keep it that way!
>
> ciao
> a.l.e
>  >>

> Can we vote on that?
> I think DTP goes a bit further than just placing content on page.
> Imposition is a fairly frequent request here, and I suspect a number of
> "average" users would be bamboozled by most of various options thrown at
> them.
> If Scribus could integrate it (maybe utilising podofo?) to make (some
> peoples) life easier without creating issues why not?
> Maybe we can have a special "a.l.e. profile" to ensure it is hidden and
> disabled for elite power users :-?

Yes, I think we can say that imposition, among other ways of exporting
parts of documents and other PDF manipulations are clearly what we might
highly desirable things to take Scribus to the next level, so to speak.

They are things which require some major effort to implement, thus the
lack of work in those areas at the moment.

Greg