[scribus] pxd/x3 export : apparently contains RGB images

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Fri Oct 1 19:08:39 CEST 2010

On Friday 01 October 2010 11:32:15 eric hanuise wrote:
> On 01/10/10 16:54, Pierre Marchand wrote:
> > Vous (eric hanuise) avez écrit :

> >> Thanks, bu this does not reply my question :) pdf/x3 is in fact
> >> irrelevant here.
> >> The printer requests cmyk only pdf's, with no rgb images inside
> >> it. How can I provide that to him ?
> >
> > In PDF export>  colors>  target = printer
>
> Thanks. This option is greyed out when using pdf/x3 (but shows
> 'printer'). When using another type of pdf (1.3 1.4 or 1.5) the
> prepress option does not allow to specify the icc profile to be
> used as intent. Will the profile defined in color management for
> printer be used ? (I'm using 1.3.7 on ubuntu)
>
> How can I check the saved PDF to know which profile have actually
> been used ?
> Also, how can I check that the saved PDF does indeed only contain
> CMYK objects and no RGB ? (Using tools available on linux)

Excellent question. Don't know the answer. But I do know that when I
use pdf x/1-a format (Scribus 1.5.0) I don't have problems with RGB.
Of course all the other factors must be set correctly.

For members of this group only, if you have an sla file you want saved
as PDF X/1-a please send it to sales at wexfordpress.com subject
"scribus conversion."  For now I'll do this for free. We may have to
wait a year for 1.6.0.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press