[scribus] Scripter and Preferences

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 18:32:13 CET 2010

On 11/30/2010 11:17 AM, Olivier BERTEN wrote:

> But I guess you're not going to distribute Pantone's palettes anytime
> soon... And since these are easily accessible on-line, it would be an
> easy improvement for many people...

We actually would love to, but some communications with Pantone have
resulted in what I would characterized as having a barking-dog-lawyer
flavor that has been more than sufficient to keep us from including
Pantone palettes with Scribus.

If you have a strong need for Pantone, here is the route:

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/How_to_legally_obtain_spot_colour_palettes_for_use_in_Scribus_1.3.3.x_and_later_versions

So far we have not been challenged by our assessment that this is a
valid/legal way of incorporating Pantone in your color choices.

Greg