[scribus] pdf-creation

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Sun Nov 28 17:54:49 CET 2010

> So I made 2 similar pages (same format, same fonts, same text), one in
> scribus and the other in the latest OOwriter.
> The pdfs I got look strikingly different (sadly I can't attach them here) in
> AcroreaderX, with the scribus output on the worse side.

PDFs from Scribus are targeted at printing. This means that for
example hinting for fonts can sometimes be missing (this usually
depends on the font used, not on Scribus), which makes the letters
look strange when zoomed out. But if you zoom in to for example 200%
things should look better.

And if you print, I think you will be satisified by the result.

/Peter