gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 28 17:53:02 CET 2010
On 11/28/2010 11:41 AM, Gerold wrote:
> Submitted on 11/28/2010
> Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]
> Submitted values are:
> Name: Gerold
> Email Address: geroldfritsche at gmx.net
> Subject: pdf-creation
> Hello all,
> The characters in documents I exported from scribus 22.214.171.124 (Win7_64,
> GS9.00) to pdf have an 'angular, segmented' look.
> Forms that should be round aren't. Certain dashes and verticals (like I
> or L) are also too fat-looking.
> So I made 2 similar pages (same format, same fonts, same text), one in
> scribus and the other in the latest OOwriter.
> The pdfs I got look strikingly different (sadly I can't attach them
> here) in AcroreaderX, with the scribus output on the worse side.
It sounds like you did not embed your fonts in the PDF -- this is a
setting in the PDF Export dialog.
More information about the scribus