[scribus] pdf-creation

Gerold help at scribus.info
Sun Nov 28 17:41:00 CET 2010

Submitted on 11/28/2010
Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]

Submitted values are:

   Name: Gerold
   Email Address: geroldfritsche at gmx.net
   Subject: pdf-creation
   Message:
Hello all,

The characters in documents I exported from scribus 1.3.3.14 (Win7_64,
GS9.00) to pdf have an 'angular, segmented' look.
Forms that should be round aren't. Certain dashes and verticals (like I or L)
are also too fat-looking.

So I made 2 similar pages (same format, same fonts, same text), one in
scribus and the other in the latest OOwriter.
The pdfs I got look strikingly different (sadly I can't attach them here) in
AcroreaderX, with the scribus output on the worse side.

ideas?

Thank You for any help

   About your Scribus program:
     Version: 1.3.3.14
     Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
     Build Date:
   Your operating system and CPU:
     Type: Windows
     Version: 7
     CPU type: 64 bit (x86_64/amd64)

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
http://www.scribus.net/node/158/submission/608